EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: THE NEST COMMUNITY WORKSHOP PARTNERSHIPS PROGRAM
The Nest Community has been hosting workshops to teach hand-making skills since 2012. The Nest Community founder: Roz Fenson Holt started The Craft Nest in a worker's cottage behind Everton Park Library.
From these humble beginnings - The Nest Community has become a charity passionate about providing a nurturing space by connecting women through craft and sharing a common purpose.
In September, The Nest Community will relocate to The Sheds at Brendale. During this transition period - The Nest Community will pause its existing workshop program.
The Future of Workshops at The Nest Community
In their new home at The Sheds at Brendale - two beautifully appointed creative studio spaces will adjoin the haberdashery (The Maker Studio and the Gladys Mary Room).
How they manage these studio spaces will be an evolving process. Initially, they will launch ROUND ONE calling for expressions of interest for hosts wanting to run regular workshops.
In ROUND ONE - they are looking to appoint several preferred suppliers for six-month.
They are looking for individuals, businesses, or organisations that can:
· Offer recurring workshops
· Align with our core values of hand-making, sustainability, and skill sharing
· Help to preserve craft heritage
· Incorporate quality service delivery
· Purchase our reclaimed resources from The Nest Haberdashery
As a preferred supplier, you can provide ticketed events:
· Set pricing and keep any revenue generated from your event.
· Pay a hire fee starting from $35 per hour + GST with min 3-hour hire
· Manage your own bookings and cancellations policy via Eventbrite
As part of our commitment to education and skill sharing, we are also offering subsidies for hosts to run beginner workshops such as:
· Rag Rugs
· Coil Baskets
· Knitting/ Crochet
· Slow Stitching
Expression of Interest for Round One is now open until 31 July. Please click the link to the Expression of Interest Workshop Partnership. <HERE>